Monday, December 19, 2011

I wish I had the money to buy the things I have in mind for people for the holidays. I make a third of what I did last year, though, and thus am writing the biggest IOUs, tucking away ideas for Christmases to come, when my funds aren't so pitifully meager. No one, I think, holds my shitty income against me, especially given the reason for the pay cut- I elected to work just part time this year, in the name of finishing my degree (finally!) with as little stress as possible- but it sucks not to be able to wrap up pricey parcels for my family. Christmas is what it is, which is a huge, expensive pain in the ass anymore...but I like giving gifts.

That said, I'm sure there are things I could be doing to minimize expenses in the name of getting things for other people, but instead of staying in and making tea at home, I keep riding my bike to Rocky River to get mochas.


No comments: