Saturday, August 28, 2010

I'm not sure which of the Seven Deadly Sins I'm most guilty of. I don't know how many of the Ten Commandments I've broken. I'm not a religious person, so I don't even really care what is and what isn't frowned upon amongst churchgoers. I mostly just have fun kidding with people: with the premed, about having lascivious thoughts while at family mass- with coworkers, about stereotyping nasty customers- with my sister and my mom, with my roommate. We all laugh about how ridiculous we are, and how out of place we'd be in a more righteous circle.

It's funny, because these are the best people I know. All of them, all of us- we're all imperfect, and while I know most Christian noses would turn up at some of our all-too-human antics, I so much prefer the company of my unholy acquaintances. Some of the most aloof and thus injurious people I've met hold themselves an altar above the rest because of their belief in the Beatitudes. They're missing out. I'm a soul made full and happy by the pleasantly unsaved that surround me.


All of the people I love joke that they're going to hell. I don't think I believe in an afterlife, but if what my friends tell me is true, then that's where I want to go when I die.








No comments: